Onderwerp bekijken

De Papendrechtse IJsclub P.IJ.C. website » Techniek, Training, Materiaal » Schaatstechniek
hile some Germany supporters directed their ire at the play
hile some Germany supporters directed their ire at the play hile some Germany supporters directed their ire at the play 0%[0 stemmen]
hile some Germany supporters directed their ire at the play hile some Germany supporters directed their ire at the play 0%[0 stemmen]
Totaal aantal stemmen : 0
 Onderwerp afdrukken
hile some Germany supporters directed their ire at the play
wanglili
MELBOURNE, Australia - The injuries mounted at the Australian Open on Tuesday, although for the most part, players coped with the oppressive heat. No. 13-seeded John Isner and No. 21 Philipp Kohlschreiber were among six players who dropped out of the tournament on Tuesday, joining No. 12 seed Tommy Haas and two other players who withdrew on Monday. Despite temperatures reaching 42 Celsius (108 Fahrenheit) during the afternoon and a hot breeze gusting over Melbourne Park for most of the day, none of the withdrawals were apparently linked to the temperatures. Isner retired from his match against Slovakias Martin Klizan with a lingering ankle injury that he said got progressively worse at the Hopman Cup event in Perth and a tournament he won in Auckland, New Zealand, over the past two weeks. "I know movement is not the best part of my game," the 2.08-meter (6-foot-10) American said, "but at a certain point Ive got to be able to move without pain and I wasnt able to do that today." He withdrew before last years Australian Open with an injury, as well. "I thought I had a good shot at playing this match and winning this match and I pulled out," he said. "I could have done the same last year, but I went home." The other seeded player in his section of the draw, Philipp Kohlschreiber of Germany, withdrew before his scheduled first-round match against Slovenian Aljaz Bedene with a left hamstring injury. He was replaced in the draw by Frenchman Stephane Robert, a lucky loser from qualifying, who defeated Bedene to reach the second round. Hometown favourite Bernard Tomic later retired with a left leg injury after losing the first set against top-seeded Rafael Nadal 6-4, much to the astonishment of the Rod Laver Arena crowd, who initially booed him. "It was very difficult for me to say sorry to the crowd," he said. "I dont think they quite knew what was wrong with me." Tomic suffered the injury in training on Monday. Czech veteran Radek Stepanek also retired from his match against Slovenian Blaz Kavcic with a neck injury while leading 7-6 (3), 6-4, 1-6, 0-2 after nearly three hours of play. A few other players struggled in the heat on Tuesday, but finished their matches. Canadian qualifier Frank Dancevic said he blacked out during his 7-6 (12), 6-3, 6-4 loss to No. 27-seeded Benoit Paire of France. Dancevic, who required medical attention during the second set, questioned the wisdom of not suspending matches during the torridly hot conditions. "I dont think its fair to anybody, to the players, to the fans, to the sport when you see players pulling out of matches and passing out," he said. "I think its definitely hazardous to be out there. Its dangerous." Wholesale NFL Jerseys . According the Toronto Star, a knee injury will keep Sundin out of the lineup, which includes former teammates Gary Roberts, Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi and Curtis Joseph. Cheap Jerseys . Collaros, 25, was solid last season, posting a 5-2 record as the starter while incumbent Ricky Ray was injured. Collaros also started Torontos 23-20 regular-season finale loss to Montreal — Ray didnt dress because the Argos had already clinched first in the East Division — but was one of three quarterbacks to play that day. http://www.cheapjerseysworld.us.com/ . Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC failed to make the postseason while Montreal Impact fell at the first hurdle losing heavily to Houston Dynamo in the Eastern Conference Knockout Round. Cheap NFL Jerseys . Breaking three of his own world records on his way to winning in Paris, Chan silenced the critics and left the audiences standing in appreciation and awe. Cheap Jerseys From China . The formidable trio of Canadian receivers -- individually known as Chris Getzlaf, Rob Bagg and Andy Fantuz -- will share the field at Mosaic Stadium one more time on Sunday.LONDON -- A rejuvenated Mesut Ozil helped Arsenal secure a place in the FA Cup semifinals for the first time since 2009 while Manchester United eased past West Bromwich 3-0 to keep alive its faint top-four hopes in the Premier League on Saturday. Arsenal beat Everton 4-1 at Emirates Stadium to become the first team through to the last four, with substitute Olivier Giroud scoring two of the hosts three goals in the final 22 minutes. Yet it was the display of Ozil that stood out, the Germany playmaker responding to criticism of his lacklustre recent performances by scoring the opening goal in the seventh minute, setting up Girouds second and working tirelessly for the team. "Physically he looked regenerated, with more power in his runs," Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said, "and, as well, what I liked is he did a lot of dirty work for a player like him." The other quarter-final matches are on Sunday. Phil Jones, Wayne Rooney and Danny Welbeck scored for United at The Hawthorns to move the beleaguered champions up to sixth, provisionally nine points behind fourth-place Manchester City. It will need an almost-flawless run-in for United to finish in the Champions League positions but the result at least will boost confidence that dropped to a season low after losing 2-0 at Olympiakos in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 match 11 days ago. "We were hurt after losing to Olympiakos and we wanted to come and show everyone were a good team," Rooney said. "We played with great energy and we always looked a threat." City, which plays defending champion Wigan in the FA Cup on Sunday in a repeat of the 2013 final, has two games in hand over United in the league. Jones headed United in front in the 34th minute from Robin van Persies free kick and an unmarked Rooney nodded in Rafaels crooss in the 65th to virtually secure three points.dddddddddddd Welbeck added a third in the 82nd as United climbed above Everton on goal difference. In one of four other Premier League games later, Chelsea can extend its lead to seven points by beating Tottenham. Arsenal has dropped off the pace in the Premier League title race by winning just one of its last four matches, and is unlikely to progress beyond the last 16 of the Champions League after a 2-0 home defeat to Bayern Munich in their first leg. That means the FA Cup has become a priority for the Gunners, who are without a trophy since 2005, and it took the 61st-minute introduction of Giroud when the score was 1-1 to turn a tight contest against Everton. The France striker, on for inexperienced and ineffective compatriot Yaya Sanogo, gave Arsenal more presence up front to allow the teams attacking midfielders to shine. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was tripped by Gareth Barry for a penalty, which Mikel Arteta needed to convert twice - the first was ruled out for encroachment by Giroud, to give Arsenal a 68th-minute lead. Giroud sidefooted home Bacary Sagnas cross from close range in the 83rd and, after another flowing move, Ozil supplied a centre for Giroud to apply another simple finish two minutes later. Ozil has been criticized by English media in recent weeks while some Germany supporters directed their ire at the playmaker during the midweek friendly win over Chile. But he was impressive here, slotting home neatly from Santi Cazorlas pass to put Arsenal in front, only for Romelu Lukaku to equalize in the 32nd. Everton youngster Ross Barkley squandered a great chance for the visitors in the 54th minute and it was all Arsenal after Girouds introduction. "It was important for us to win today," Wenger said, "on the psychological front." wholesale jerseys cheap jerseys cheap jerseys cheap nfl jerseys cheap nfl jerseys ' ' '

Spring naar forum: