Onderwerp bekijken

De Papendrechtse IJsclub P.IJ.C. website » Techniek, Training, Materiaal » Schaatstechniek
d his third straight no-decision on Tuesday. He gave up three runs on six hits and a walk over five innings at the Miami Marlins, a game the Dodgers wo
d his third straight no-decision on Tuesday. He gave up three runs on six hits and a walk over five innings at the Miami Marlins, a game the Dodgers w d his third straight no-decision on Tuesday. He gave up three runs on six hits and a walk over five innings at the Miami Marlins, a game the Dodgers w 0%[0 stemmen]
d his third straight no-decision on Tuesday. He gave up three runs on six hits and a walk over five innings at the Miami Marlins, a game the Dodgers w d his third straight no-decision on Tuesday. He gave up three runs on six hits and a walk over five innings at the Miami Marlins, a game the Dodgers w 0%[0 stemmen]
Totaal aantal stemmen : 0
 Onderwerp afdrukken
d his third straight no-decision on Tuesday. He gave up three runs on six hits and a walk over five
wanglili
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- One spectator wore fake deer antlers. Another yelled about eating venison. And a group of guys shouted, "Stay off the spray, Vijay." But for the most part, there was little public reaction to Vijay Singhs lawsuit filed against the PGA Tour during the opening round of The Players Championship on Thursday. Hecklers were few and far between at TPC Sawgrass -- possibly because it was a well-behaved golf crowd, possibly because it was Singhs home course and possibly because few care enough to make a public outcry. "He doesnt deserve that," playing partner Robert Garrigus said. "I dont know how many majors hes won. I dont know how many tournaments hes won. Hes won a lot of money out here. He deserves our respect as players even if hes suing the PGA Tour or not. Its a delicate situation right now. Unfortunately, it had to happen. But it is what it is. ... "I only heard a couple of idiots out there today. They were getting a little saucy. There were a couple of guys being stupid, but other than that, it was fine." Singh sued the PGA Tour on Wednesday for exposing him to "public humiliation and ridicule" during a 12-week investigation into his use of deer antler spray. The tour dropped its case last week. The lawsuit and its timing raised eyebrows. The Players Championship is the tours flagship event and is played on the course Singh has honed his game on for the past decade. But there was little reaction from the Stadium Course gallery. The most noticeable response came at the first tee, where Jacksonville resident Jim Kavanagh wore those felt antlers. "He wont talk to the press, so I thought maybe I could get a reaction out of him," Kavanagh told reporters. "He shouldnt be suing the PGA Tour. He should be suing WADA." Garrigus noticed the antlers and sarcastically called them "pretty special." Nonetheless, he couldnt avoid joking about the lawsuit. "I kind of made fun of it today on the first tee just to loosen things up a little bit, which I do very well," Garrigus said. "I was like, Well, youre in the spotlight right now, arent you big guy? Hes like, Yeah, for the wrong reasons. It was fun." They laughed, and Garrigus let it go for the rest of the round. "I didnt get into it," he said. "I dont know the details; I dont know what hes suing for and all that stuff. Hes obviously earned the respect until everything goes through. Thats what Im saying about that." On the par-3 third, a woman shouted, "We dont care what the PGA Tour says. We support Vijay" as the golfer passed. Singh even played the famed and often raucous island-green at No. 17 without much fanfare. There was a "you (stink)" comment on the 18th, followed a few minutes later by someone shouting, "We got your back, Vijay." "He was fine out there," said J.J. Henry, who also played in the group with Singh. "I dont know much about it. Im out here trying to tackle a tough golf course. Ive played a lot of golf with him and hes always been good to me. That stuff is none of my business. Im trying to figure out how to stay out of some of these hazards." Singh bogeyed two of the first three holes and fell 12 shots off the lead with a double at No. 8. He rallied on the back nine, making birdies at 16 and 17, but pulled his next tee shot into the water and finished with a bogey and a 2-over 74. He is tied for 99th, 11 shots behind Roberto Castro. Singh said in a Sports Illustrated article in January that he used deer antler spray and he was "looking forward to some change in my body." The spray was said to include an insulin-like growth factor that was on the tours list of banned substances. The tour sent a sample from Singh to be tested, and it returned small amounts of IGF-1. PGA Tour Commissioner Tim Finchem announced April 30 that the tour was dropping its case because of new information from the World Anti-Doping Agency, which said deer antler spray was no longer considered prohibited because it contained just minimal amounts of the growth factor. The lawsuit claims the PGA Tour relied on WADAs list of banned substances and methods without doing any of its own research, including whether such substances even provide any performance-enhancing benefits. Singhs lawyers said the tour "rushed to judgment and accused one of the worlds hardest working and most dedicated golfers of violating the rules of the game." The 50-year-old Fijian, inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame in 2006, hasnt spoken to reporters about any subject since releasing a statement in February confirming that he took the deer antler spray. He declined comment after his opening round. Singh had about a dozen or so spectators following him Thursday, maybe the most telling sign of his career. Singh has the Masters and the PGA Championship among his 34 tour victories. He holds the PGA Tour record with 22 wins since turning 40. His best year was in 2004, when he won nine times. Singh has not won since the Deutsche Bank Championship in September 2008, two months after the tours anti-doping program was launched. Emre Can Liverpool Jersey . They were right, and werent up for the challenge. Allen York stopped 29 shots and earned his first NHL victory in an emergency start, and the Blue Jackets beat the Red Wings 4-2 on Wednesday night. Harry Kane Hotspur Jersey . Both players practiced with Magnitogorsk of Russias Kontinental Hockey League on Friday and are expected to play their first game with the club in Ufa on Thursday. http://www.authenticsoccers.com/ss-lazio-fc-lorik-cana-jersey/ . Gascoignes friends organized for him to fly to a treatment centre in Phoenix, Arizona after seeing images published of him in ill health at a charity function last week, sobbing and slurring his words while addressing the crowd. Matt Besler USA Jersey . They kept playing in the final minutes, long after the Chicago Bulls had secured another win. Deng said the starters in a patchwork lineup were determined to finish what they started. Alejandro Bedoya USA Jersey . He drew a technical after a no-call with 4:12 left. Then, he got even, leading the Chicago Bulls to a 93-89 victory over the Utah Jazz on Friday night.(Sports Network) - The Boston Red Sox would have to feel pretty good about themselves if they can claim a series victory over the streaking Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday night. More important, it would assure the Red Sox keep at least a share of first place in the AL East. You can see all the action on TSN2 beginning at 8pm et/5pm pt. Boston dropped into a tie for the top spot with the Tampa Bay Rays after losing Fridays opener 2-0, but both clubs picked up wins Saturday to keep their virtual deadlock in place. The Red Sox did their part by jumping on Dodgers starter Hyun-Jin Ryu early for a 4-2 victory. After getting shut out in the opener, Boston plated all four of its runs in the opening frame. Mike Napoli hit an RBI single and Jonny Gomes followed with a three-run homer. Jon Lester held the early lead, pitching seven scoreless innings before getting charged with one run in the eighth. He recorded one out in the frame before exiting and yielded three hits and four walks while striking out six in total. "I commanded the ball pretty well. I moved my fastball around and got more consistent with my cutter," Lester said. "Any time you get such an early lead, you just try to attack the zone." Craig Breslow gave up Los Angeles only run-scoring hit, a two-out double by former Red Sox Adrian Gonzalez with two outs in the eighth. He then walked Hanley Ramirez, leading to Boston manager John Farrell bringing in closer Koji Uehara to record the final out of the frame, which he got by striking out A.J. Ellis. Uehara then retired the Dodgers in order in the ninth to record his 13th save and put the Red Sox in position to win two straight for the first time since Aug. 6-7. Boston has alternated wins and losses over its last eight games. Ryu was pulled after five inningss by manager Don Mattingly, having surrendered five hits and the four runs with seven strikeouts.dddddddddddd "We were in it at the end but we just couldnt find a way to break through," said Mattingly. "But our bullpen was tremendous. They kept us in the game and gave us a chance to come back." The Dodgers had a four-game winning streak snapped and lost for just the sixth time in 35 games since the All-Star break. Los Angeles also lost at Dodger Stadium for the first time versus Boston, which was swept in a three-game set there from June 21-23, 2002. Still owners of a 9 1/2-game lead over Arizona for first place in the NL West, the Dodgers turn to fifth starter Chris Capuano tonight. Capuano, a native of Massachusetts, will face the Red Sox for the first time in his career. The 35-year-old lefty has not lost since July 4, going 4-6 with a 4.70 earned run average in 19 games this season with 17 starts. However, he does have a 6.23 ERA in nine starts at home. Capuano logged his third straight no-decision on Tuesday. He gave up three runs on six hits and a walk over five innings at the Miami Marlins, a game the Dodgers won 6-4. L.A. has won each of Capuanos last seven outings. Getting the call for the Red Sox will be Jake Peavy, who has not won since his Boston debut on Aug. 3 after getting dealt by the Chicago White Sox. In three starts since his win, Peavy is 0-1 with a 4.86 ERA, but has allowed only three runs and 10 hits over his last two starts. He did not factor into a 3-2 loss on Tuesday at the San Francisco Giants, giving up a run over 5 2/3 innings. The 32-year-old righty is 9-5 with a 4.25 ERA in 17 total starts this year and has plenty of experience versus the Dodgers given his tenure with the San Diego Padres. In 24 previous meetings, Peavy is 13-2 with a 2.27 ERA. cheap jerseys cheap nhl jerseys ' ' '

Spring naar forum: