Onderwerp bekijken

De Papendrechtse IJsclub P.IJ.C. website » Techniek, Training, Materiaal » Schaatstechniek
rship to make a significant deal and add a player with star status to giv
rship to make a significant deal and add a player with star status to giv rship to make a significant deal and add a player with star status to giv 0%[0 stemmen]
rship to make a significant deal and add a player with star status to giv rship to make a significant deal and add a player with star status to giv 0%[0 stemmen]
Totaal aantal stemmen : 0
 Onderwerp afdrukken
rship to make a significant deal and add a player with star status to giv
wanglili
Brian Burke is ready to start the 2011-12 NHL season and believes his club is on the right path towards making the playoffs. The Toronto Maple Leafs president and general manager spent an hour taking questions and fan calls on Torontos CP24 on Tuesday, where he discussed the teams seven-year playoff drought, head coach Ron Wilsons future and waived forward Sean Avery among a host of topics. "We are well on our way towards fixing this," Burke said of his team that hasnt made the playoffs since the lockout. Burke, whose club hosts the Montreal Canadiens in their season opener on Thursday, pointed to the additions of John-Michael Liles and Cody Franson on the blue line and Tim Connolly up front as reasons why the club would be better this year. "We thought hard about a lot of different things and were happy with the moves we made," Burke said. While Burke has faith in his squad, he also made it clear that if the Leafs struggle early that changes will be made. "We believe in these kids but Im not very patient if we stumble," he said. On the coaching front, Burke was asked about Wilson, who has not made the playoffs with the club in the three seasons hes coached in Toronto and only has one year remaining on his contract. He reiterated that he was a big supporter of Wilson and left room open for discussion of an extension. "If we have a good start we can go to him and extend his contract," Burke explained. "Im not planning on making a coaching change and Im not planning on having to make a coaching change." Burke also made it clear that if the team does struggle out of the gate, he would prefer to make a roster shakeup instead of a coaching change - especially in the middle of the year when the coaching candidate pool isnt as deep. The Leafs GM was also asked about possible interest in forward Sean Avery, who was placed on waivers on Tuesday "I dont see a fit with this player on our team at this time," Burke said flatly. To close out the show, Burke ended his hour-long interview with a message to Leaf fans. "We have the greatest fans in the NHL, we have the greatest fans in pro sports, we have the most loyal fans," Burke said. "We have to give them something to cheer for, we have to reward that loyalty. "I think what you saw from the group last year is what youre going to see this year." Evander Kane Jersey . -- Pocono Raceway will shorten its Sprint Cup races to 400 miles starting in 2012. Michael Frolik Jets Jersey . The Americans thumped the Canadians 9-2 to open last years tournament, only to suffer a 5-4 overtime loss in the final to their bitter rivals in Burlington, Vt. http://www.hockeyjetsofficial.com/tobias-enstrom-hockey-jersey/ . The bounce in his step after every birdie. His name at the top of the leaderboard. Zach Bogosian Jets Jersey . He all but locked up Tour de France victory with a tour-de-force in winning the final time trial, putting him on the cusp of becoming the first Briton to win cyclings showpiece race. Michael Frolik Jersey . The NBA announced the suspension Monday. Brown will miss Mondays game in Philadelphia against the 76ers. The incident occurred with 8:41 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Lakers 96-87 loss to the Utah Jazz. Brown received two quick technicals for arguing Pau Gasol was fouled by Utahs Earl Watson.Got a question on the latest news and rumours? E-mail Hockey Insider Darren Dreger and hell answer your emails at dregereport@tsn.ca! Darren, The Rangers real issue is the power play. They are 11th in scoring with basically no power play so 5-on-5 they basically are dominating the score sheet. Do you think the Rangers are showing any interest in right-handed shooters like Bobby Ryan or Jeff Carter. And if not them, is it possible theyd be willing to try and pry Shea Weber out of Nashville - who to me seems more likely than Suter to want to leave there as soon as possible? The Rangers have the assets, but are they willing to give them up? Thank you for your time, Regards, Eric Gallion A: Eric, the Rangers are still very much in the building phase so while the team is doing well, the team understands they still have a couple of holes to fill. I dont believe the Rangers have any interest in Jeff Carter. Like most teams, they like Bobby Ryan...a lot. However, unless there is a change of heart in Anaheim, it sounds unlikely Ryan will be traded before the NHL Entry Draft - if at all. The Rangers are keenly interested in whats going on in Nashville and undoubtedly Glen Sather will be among the GMs constantly in David Poiles ear, eager to pounce if the Preds decide to move either Ryan Suter or Shea Weber. Keep in mind, theres no sense of panic in Manhattan and the Rangers will happily wait until the offseason to make a splash. With both Zach Parise and Ryan Suter high on New Yorks radar as potential unrestricted free agents, your concerns may quickly be resolved in July. Darren, As a Minnesota fan, Im all for sending Marek Zidlicky on his way. But at this point - with him sitting in the press box - does he have much trade value? Are there teams where he would fit into an offensive defensive system better, or has he lost his game? Jake from Wisconsin A: Jake, Zidlicky made it abundantly clear in talking candidly with Mike Russo of the Star-Tribune that he is not happy with Mike Yeos coaching and more to point, Yeos view of the veteran defencemans role on the team (which of late, has been an assignment to the press box). This isnt Zidlickys first rodeo - hes been around the game a long time and had to know by speaking out and publicly airing his issues, he would put himself in a very vulnarable place. Im sure Minnesota GM Chuck Fletcher would love to trade Zidlicky, but is limited because of a no-trade clause. Zidlicky clearly is unhappy with the Wild, so if he wants a change all he has to do is ask. Remove the no-trade protection and Im sure Fletcher will offer him a number of teams specifically in the market for a depth d-man. Dregs, How desperate are the Jets to make a deal quickly? They will have Byfuglien back but are still without Burmistrov and Kane‎. Theyre five out of a playoff spot, so will they try to get reinforcements now or wait for their injured to return? Jamie,Winnipeg A: Jamie, I wouldnt say the Jets are desperate at all. Winnipeg made an American League trade this week sending Akim Aliu to Calgary for young defenceman John Negrin, but the Jets are still interested in adding a couple of key pieces. In a perfect world, Kevin Cheveldayoff would love to make a deal for a top-line centre as well as a high quality defenceman.dddddddddddd. Cheveldayoff isnt willing to deal away Kane or Bogosian or anyone who fits within the core of his assets, so finding the right fit for what hes shopping for is going to be difficult. Of course Winnipegs goal is to make the playoffs, but the Jets have no intention of mortgaging the future to achieve short-term goals. Getting healthy again as you point out, may be enough to close the gap if Toronto or others in the mix falter. Hi Darren, Bob McKenzie said last month that we should expect the NHL to announce very soon (this month?) that the Red Wings will host the Winter Classic next season. If so, thats a bit early compared to past Winter Classic game announcements (usually made in the summer). Combined with the leagues announcement last week that Columbus will host next years all-star game, do you think the NHL is pumping out these events now as a message to everyone saying, "if theres a lengthy lockout next year, this is what youll miss..."? CBA posturing? Eric,Hamilton A: Eric - as you know, Bob is smart and well connected man. I expect the NHL, NHLPA and the corporate sponsors to officially announce the Winter Classic next week. The timing of Columbus being awarded next years All Star weekend wasnt surprising. I suppose there could be a connection drawn to the league and the union bidding for good PR just prior to engaging in CBA negotiations, but, for me thats a stretch. Both of these events are organizational monsters and when the NHL and NHLPA work as partners, its more productive to jumpstart the process. Eric, there will be enough CBA debate and posturing between the two sides in the coming months without you or I inventing the issues. Hey Darren, Whats the difference between the appeal of Jeff Carters contract last summer when he was traded to Columbus and the lack of appeal of his contract now (as you mentioned last week) as the deadline comes up? I mean, hes the same great player in both situations, no? Marc Butler,Columbus A: Marc, Im still a believer in Jeff Carter. I see the potential in Carter as a big, strong centre to generate 40-plus goals per season in the right environment. On that basis alone, his appeal would be widespread. However, Blue Jackets general manager Scott Howson felt considerable pressure from ownership to make a significant deal and add a player with star status to give Columbus a boost both on the ice and off. I am certain Howson wasnt in love with the contract, but was swayed by the potential of the player. Unfortunately, its not working out in Columbus, its believed Carter would rather play elsewhere and Howson is once again left managing his way through another season of disappointment. I dont buy the argument his contract makes him immovable, I really dont. The L.A. KIngs have moderate interest. The Calgary Flames may take a run, though contractually its hard to imagine how Jay Feaster finds the fit. And as much as Leafs GM Brian Burke loathes the mega-contracts, Jeff Carter is the player Toronto is looking for in a lot of ways. But its not Feb. 27 yet... Got a question on the latest news and rumours? E-mail Hockey Insider Darren Dreger and hell answer your emails at dregereport@tsn.ca! cheap jerseys cheap nhl jerseys ' ' '

Spring naar forum: