Onderwerp bekijken

De Papendrechtse IJsclub P.IJ.C. website » Techniek, Training, Materiaal » Schaatstechniek
 Onderwerp afdrukken
even being around
xiaoxiangyu
I looked at Sam as he rolled down the window of his car. I told him I loved him (not something I easily do). It felt like my whole world was crumbling without his support, but there was also a sense of being grateful he was leaving. We really needed a break. The only problem was, neither of us knew when it would end.
I choked back tears as Sam and I had our final kiss goodbye, but there was also a pang of guilt. I felt relieved. Finally. The balloon of stress popped. Time for peace and quiet. At first, I even enjoyed the homecoming dresses solitude and freedom.

This was my “before” life, life before the COVID19 pandemic changed everyone’s world. Life for the past year and a half without Sam became a deep, dark rut. Feed the cats. Clean up after the cats. Make cat food. Run cats to the vet. Try to figure out what was going on with the cats. Medicate the cats. Do more test to the sick cats. Euthanize one cat. Weep hysterically over losing my cat Spencer months later, but as bad as it was, who could have predicted what would happen next?
I tried to keep the house tidy. I did some work here and there. I put seeds out for the birds. I fed myself (not very well since it was just me to feed). Though there was a sense of relief to be away from Sam, over the months there was a softening of feelings between us.

In a way, we travelled back in time to the days when we didn’t wedding-veils live together, when we only saw each other on weekends. Sam lived in Brooklyn with his young daughter. I lived in Connecticut. With shared custody of his daughter, Sam couldn’t see me very often. It was perfect because we were only together when we both had time to have fun. We never had to do the laundry or cut the grass or take the recycling to the dump. We went to the movies. We went out to dinner. We stayed in hotels and had..ummm…a nice evening.

While it wasn’t exactly the same, our communication was what was familiar. We spent more time texting or talking on the phone. We missed each other. We were kinder to each other. We realized we’d been taking the other for granted for a long time.

Meanwhile, Sam struggled to care for his mother. She was 89 and physically, she was in poor shape. Mentally she was still sharp as a tack, safety-shorts which wasn’t always so wonderful. She’d rudely point out to Sam that his belly was getting big (her words: fat). She’d climb into her wheelchair, roll it to the next bedroom where Sam fitfully slept, then rammed the door with the wheelchair and yelled at him; “Where is my coffee and New York Times?”

Let’s just begin with the fact that if you’re a bride looking for inspiration, look no further than here. Our floral star of Instagram designs a breathtaking garden wedding and also bouquets, altars, chuppahs, tablescapes – well you get the picture. Not only are they a choice for high profile celebrities, but they treat every client like royalty and roll out the red carpet treatment for anyone that calls on them. Or as in this case today garden magic – the pure white aisle with over-arching installations for hanging white chandeliers and wrapped greenery. Anna and Eddie’s once in a lifetime occasion was all about the whimsical yet classic and elegant. Showcasing beautifully a color palette of all white and lush greenery. Lighter layers take on a crisper look with crystal playing against the sunshine giving off a sparkling effect as Anna takes to the aisle in her Ines Di Santo gown. Delivering breathtaking results. Indoors the sweeping spiral staircase from the lobby made for a grand entrance flooded with natural daylight. As guests moved into the reception they were greeted with a soft romantic ambience. Clear chairs, mirrored tabletops and white floral allowed for the blushing linens to integrate seamlessly into the ballroom’s natural décor and white drapery for a more intimate feeling.

Spring naar forum: