Onderwerp bekijken

De Papendrechtse IJsclub P.IJ.C. website » Techniek, Training, Materiaal » Schaatstechniek
 Onderwerp afdrukken
designer handbags
xiaoxiangyu
Monday, MW and I were on our own, so we hit Beverly Hills, baby! It was ridiculously hot that day, so we opted to drive along Rodeo Drive, instead of walk--after all, who were we kidding? It's not like we were actually going to buy anything there. But since I make a personal point to hit as many Barneys as I can, we headed over to the Beverly Hills Barneys on Wilshire. It was, in a word, a jackpot. While MW had to physically drag me away from the shoe sale racks, I managed to escape up to the Co-op floor, where I plundered the racks. Just as I suspected, Angelenos have yet to plus size wedding dresses appreciate the genius of Daryl K., so there was a ton of her stuff on triple-markdown. (And while there was a lot of stuff on sale, the racks were totally ransacked and a mess, and a lot of the clothing had stains and tears--I feel like that would never happen on Madison Avenue.) For good measure, we also hit Saks and Neiman Marcus, but both were kind of a mess (it was "last call" sale time), and when a woman started going ballistic when someone's kid hit her on the head with a shoe at the latter, we decided we'd had enough. And because it was well into the mid-90s by then, we needed to beat the heat and thus headed to the Beverly Center, a ginormous, quintessentially Californian mall. We didn't spend much time there, since, after all, it was a mall, but I am happy to report that the Macy's stores on the West Coast are much nicer, and high heels carry Seven jeans (the real ones) and Marc Jacobs.

By Tuesday, we discovered that we could beat the heat by heading out around 11 a.m., walking around for an hour and a half, then eating lunch during prime heat hours. So that's what we did that day, heading to the famed Robertson Boulevard. We started out at Maxfield Bleu, which is supposedly the clearance center for the uber-expensive Maxfield boutique; and while, yes, most stuff was marked down considerably, everything was still waaay out of our price range (but now that I know that Rochas is no longer in existence, I'm kicking myself for not having splurged on a collector's item). We also hit Lisa Kline, which reminded me a lot of Scoop and had many $80 T-shirts; Diavolina, which had a fun mix of shoes and mid-range designer clothes; and, of course Kitson, which, considering it lingerie was a zoo, was actually kind of fun, however, again, all the T-shirts were $80 (they have a nice selection of starlet-friendly dresses too, for considerably more), so we left empty-handed, although MW was tempted by a $300 cashmere Curious George hoodie (it was cooler than it sounds). My favorite store from this area was definitely Madison (pictured to the right of Kitson, above), probably because its merchandise was the most New Yorky (read: lots of black; cool designers like Vanessa Bruno and Woo) and, perhaps related, its salespeople the most snobby. But I got two really cute babydoll tops on sale, surly salesgirl be damned.

This boat neck dress with long sleeves and a flared skirt detail is a classic beauty! Its simplicity makes it a great choice for intimate weddings. When you look back on your wedding photos years from now, I bet Prom Dresses 2020 this kind of dress will still be in style.

Spring naar forum: