Onderwerp bekijken

De Papendrechtse IJsclub P.IJ.C. website » Techniek, Training, Materiaal » Schaatstechniek
ed his career-high hitting streak to 11 games (16 for 44, .364) with a second-inning single. ... Rockies LHP Jorge De La Rosa w
ed his career-high hitting streak to 11 games (16 for 44, .364) with a second-inning single. ... Rockies LHP Jorge De La Rosa w ed his career-high hitting streak to 11 games (16 for 44, .364) with a second-inning single. ... Rockies LHP Jorge De La Rosa w 0%[0 stemmen]
ed his career-high hitting streak to 11 games (16 for 44, .364) with a second-inning single. ... Rockies LHP Jorge De La Rosa w ed his career-high hitting streak to 11 games (16 for 44, .364) with a second-inning single. ... Rockies LHP Jorge De La Rosa w 0%[0 stemmen]
Totaal aantal stemmen : 0
 Onderwerp afdrukken
ed his career-high hitting streak to 11 games (16 for 44, .364) with a second-inning single. ... Roc
wanglili
This isnt the first time Todd McLellan has been concussed, but getting knocked out by an errant high-stick to the head during a Feb. 26 game against Minnesota has definitely altered the way the San Jose Shark head coach views concussions. "I guess you could say I was pretty old school when it came to concussions," McLellan told TSN yesterday. "You know, get a concussion, shake it off, get back in the game as soon as you can. This (being concussed) has really shown me you cant play through this. If I had to play a game right now, theres no just way, not even close. I would say I have a much better understanding of this (concussion) issue than before." As it is, McLellan expects to be behind the bench for the Sharks tonight when they take on the Edmonton Oilers. But until he actually gets behind the bench, absorbs the racous noise and bright lights of an NHL game and deals with the speed of the game unfolding before him, he still isnt 100 per cent certain how hell react. "I am feeling much better and I think Im good to go," he said, "but well have to see how it is during a game." McLellan was concussed a week ago Sunday. All last week, he experienced the classic symptoms of concussion -- headaches, nausea, motion sickness, a sense of detachment from his body and everything feeling as though it was moving really slowly or too quickly. "I told my kids its like when I was a kid driving in the car with my Dad and we would come up to a railway crossing and you would get stopped as the train whipped by," he said. "If you looked at the (rail) cars going by so fast, you would disoriented and you werent sure if the car was moving or not. Its been like that for me. Nothing is moving at the speed its supposed to be moving at." This isnt the first time McLellan has been concussed. He recalls having one in junior hockey when he wound up on the losing side of a fight. "But I dont recall the symptoms being as severe as they are this time," he said. McLellan thought last Friday he was well enough to run practice, so he did. He felt sick and disoriented after that. He wasnt able to be behind the bench on Saturday night. Yesterday, he gave practice another shot and felt much better in the wake of that, feeling encouraged enough to pronounce himself fit to be behind the bench tonight. Hes also been consulting with Edmonton Oiler head coach Tom Renney, who will be on the opposing team bench tonight. Renney was recently concussed when struck in the head by a puck during practice. Renney also missed some time. "Its good to talk to someone whos been through it," McLellan said. "Hopefully, the worst is behind me now." Josh Reddick Athletics Jersey . The Rockies won the early portion with a 12-4 decision, as Carlos Gonzalez hit a pair of home runs and drove in four. However, the Rockies likely lost pitcher Jorge De La Rosa for the rest of the season after he suffered a tear of his ulnar collateral ligament in his left elbow. Dee Gordon Dodgers Jersey . "We expect it," Byrd said. "Hes unbelievable how he comes through. It seems like every single day we jump on his back. http://www.officialmlbonline.net/Detroit-Tigers-Cyber-Monday-Miguel-Cabrera-Jersey-Black-Friday/ . There are few other ways to interpret how critical they were of themselves after Brees struck for five touchdown passes in a 35-17 victory over the Buffalo Bills on Sunday. Hyun-Jin Ryu Dodgers Jersey . It is reasonable, at this point, to assume Steve Delabar will be a member of the relief corps, too. In an era when teams typically carry 12 pitchers (five starters, seven relievers) the math is simple. Manny Machado Orioles Jersey . The former downhill skier competed in two Olympic Games and won bronze in downhill in 1980. Podborski, 54, was an an assistant chef de mission to Natalie Lambert at the 2010 Winter Games in Vancouver and Whistler, B.CINCINNATI, Ohio - Chris Heisey had come close enough to hitting a home run this season that he knew one eventually would come. Still, he was starting to get a little anxious. Heisey finally got on the board Saturday, giving Cincinnati the lead with his first homer of the season and four relievers made it stand up in a 10-3 win over the Colorado Rockies. "I told my wife (Lisa) a few times that I need to hit one one of these days just to get it off my back," the Cincinnati outfielder said. "It was nice to finally get one." Devin Mesoraco and Ryan Ludwick also homered as the Reds overcame a poor start by Mike Leake to pick up their seventh win in eight games. The power was badly needed, manager Dusty Baker said. "Leake couldnt keep the ball down," Baker said. "(Colorado) can hit. Youve got to outscore them, and thats what we did. It was nice to see some balls leaving the ballpark." Rookie J.J. Hoover (1-0), the first Cincinnati reliever, pitched 1 1-3 shutout innings to pick up his first career win. Sam LeCure followed with two innings before Logan Ondrusek and Sean Marshall each added one. "All the guys are just trying to go out and do the job and give the team a chance to stay in the game or come back," Hoover said. Colorado right-hander Jeremy Guthries first career start in Cincinnati was forgettable. Guthrie (2-3), in his third start since coming off the disabled list on May 15, allowed a season-high 10 hits and tied his season by giving up six runs. He had five strikeouts and a walk in five innings. "I never really got into too much of a groove," Guthrie said. "I fought myself early in the count throwing balls. I got behind a pretty good lineup knowing I had to throw strikes so I didnt walk guys. It wasnt a well-pitched game on my end." Four of the first five Colorado batters Leake faced got hits, but the Rockies managed just one run. Marco Scutaro led off the game with a triple off the left-field wall on the third pitch and Tyler Colvin followed with an RBI single. Carlos Gonzalez hit into a double play, helping the Reds avoid more damage. The Reds took a 4-1 lead in the bottom of the first, which started with Zack Cozart reaching on third baseman Jordan Pachecos two-base error. Two outs later, Brandon Phillips doubled to drive in Cozart, Jay Bruce walked and Heisey hit a 0-1 fastball 367 feet into the stands down the left-field line for his first home run since last Septtember.dddddddddddd "Id hit a couple that could have gone out, but either it was the wind or I hit it to the wrong part of the ballpark," Heisey said. "I just reacted to it and got enough of the barrel on it." The inning-opening error was the key, Colorado manager Jim Tracy said. "We didnt get off to a very good start," he said. "If you look back, the error to start the game came back to haunt us after the Heisey at-bat, but with that being said, as we went along, we didnt pitch particularly well. We really didnt. Jeremy was not sharp, but you would have liked to have the opportunity to get him jump-started correctly." Colorado knocked Leake out of the game with a two-run fourth that started with doubles by Pacheco and Nieves on back-to-back pitches to start the inning and Colvins two-out RBI single. Leake, 1-0 with a 1.29 ERA over his previous two starts, lasted just 3 2-3 innings, allowing nine hits and three runs with one walk and four strikeouts. "We would like to have seen Leake go deeper, but they had the heart of their order coming up, and they can score quickly," Baker said. Mesoraco led off Cincinnatis fourth with his third homer of the season and second in his last two games, a 406-foot blast to left field on a 3-2 pitch. Mesoraco hit a go-ahead grand-slam in Cincinnatis 6-3 win over Atlanta on Thursday. The Reds broke the game open with a four-run seventh, three on pinch-hitter Ludwicks 421-foot, three-run shot into Cincinnatis bullpen in left-centre field on a 1-1 pitch from Matt Reynolds. The homer was Ludwicks fifth of the season, and the fifth of his career as a pinch-hitter. Notes: Pacheco extended his career-high hitting streak to 11 games (16 for 44, .364) with a second-inning single. ... Rockies LHP Jorge De La Rosa was scheduled to make the first start of his second rehab assignment Sunday for Triple-A Colorado Springs at Fresno. De La Rosa underwent surgery to repair a torn ligament in his left elbow last season. ... Reds LHP Aroldis Chapmans 20 appearances without an earned run to begin a season are a franchise record, surpassing the record of 18 set by John Hudek in 1998, according to Elias Sports Bureau in stats distributed by the team. ... OF Michael Cuddyer returned to Colorados lineup after being scratched from Fridays with a stiff neck. ... Reds RHP Mat Latos seeks his second win of Cincinnatis homestand in Sundays series finale. Hell be opposed by 49-year-old Colorado left-hander Jamie Moyer. cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Spring naar forum: