Onderwerp bekijken

De Papendrechtse IJsclub P.IJ.C. website » Techniek, Training, Materiaal » Schaatstechniek
 Onderwerp afdrukken
CHOPIN: Etudes Opp. 10 and 25
wangqing
Wieters Sidelined With Ankle Sprain - RealGM Wiretap
Matt Wieters will miss several games after spraining his right ankle running the bases on Tuesday.

The catcher's ankle was heavily taped when he walked into the Baltimore Orioles' clubhouse Wednesday. He called it a "slight sprain" and says he'd probably try to play if it was the regular season.

Classical for Beginners » Submit Content Online | Free Article Directory | Add Articles Tweet

Now and then canada goose expedition parka womens sale , people ask me for advice on where to begin with the daunting world of classical music recordings. They’ve heard bits here and there, they’re curious, they imagine they’d probably enjoy it once they got involved, but they wouldn’t know where to look if they walked into — oops, I mean logged onto eMusic and started poking around. My strategy is always to offer a handful of suggestions, in as wide a variety as possible. “Try these,” I say. “See what grabs you, and we’ll work from there.”

That’s the idea behind this Dozen. Here are 12 recordings selected to entice people who have had little exposure to classical music, but who know they want more. I’ve carefully contrived the list to cover a wide range of colors and styles, instruments and moods, shapes and sizes. Some pieces are light, some heavy; some charming, some imposing; some dramatic, meditative, amorous, tragic canada goose women's chilliwack bomber sale , lofty, goofy. All in all, the selections encompass 1,200 years of music history — and they’ve all been chosen to make a good first impression and whet your appetite. They’re “gateway” works, if you will. I’d be surprised if there were anyone who couldn’t find something on this list that pleasured and intrigued them. Think of it as a sampler, a tapas menu: if you don’t care for the stuffed olivesRenaissance Mass, try the garlic shrimp20th-century string quartet.

Are these the twelve greatest works ever? No, though some of them could justly claim a place on such a list. Most of these are works I actually have suggested to people, and which have gotten a favorable response. Others I have seen appeal to newbies in ways I never expected. Others are just a few personal favorites which I proselytize for whenever possible.

Gregorian Chant For Easter
Artist: Capella Antiqua, Munich
Release Date: 2006

The recorded history of “classical” music in the Western “art” tradition (so many of these terms are so problematic) begins in the medieval period with music composed for church use — settings of sacred texts in Latin for choirs singing in unison, just one note at a time. The serene meditativeness of Gregorian chant (named for liturgical reformer Pope Gregory, 540-604, who launched the practice according to legend) has made it popular in recent years, usable as a backdrop for anything from yoga to post-rave chilling. There are plenty of chant CDs out there, some with hipper packaging, but these performances by the male voices of Capella Antiqua mens canada goose langford parka navy , Munich, surrounded by a cathedral-like halo of reverb, are stately and gorgeous.

Ockeghem: Requiem
Artist: Ensemble Organum, Marcel Prs
Release Date: 1993

A friend of mine, also a musician, has played a number of classical pieces for his infant son, and reports that Allen seems to like the music of Johannes Ockeghem (c. 1410-1497) best. It could be the way this Renaissance composer weaves voices together to create a sort of ear-blanket. Or perhaps this music’s low gentle murmuring reminds him of sounds in utero. Either way, the Ensemble Organum’s performance of this Requiem (a Mass to honor the dead) is spacious and calm, but also possesses a sort of authoritative, virile resonance.

Bach: Six Concertos for the Margrave of Brandenburg
Artist: Trevor Pinnock
Release Date: 2008

Incomparably joyous and sparkling, these six pieces can claim to be both the greatest of baroque instrumental works and, with the possible exception of Vivaldi’s “Four Seasons” concertos, the most popular. Composers in the baroque era (roughly 1600-1750) prioritized a musical skill called counterpoint, the practice of combining independent instrumental or vocal lines into a complex whole. Johann Sebastian Bach had no rivals (and surely never will) in this art, giving every section of the orchestra something rewarding — and fun — to do. He built structures of grandeur and irresistible energy. Each of these concertos are scored for a different combination; if you’d like a taste, try the first movement of the Concerto no. 2 canada goose hybridge jacket mens sale , in which four bright-toned soloists (violin, flute, oboe and trumpet) dance festively around the accompanying string orchestra, or the fleet finale of the Concerto no. 3, a whirlwind showpiece for strings alone.

MOZART: Overtures
Artist: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

After Bach and his contemporaries had brought Baroque counterpoint to its peak, composers of the next generation reacted by lightening the texture of their music. The melody line dominated, and the middle and bass instruments were entrusted with harmonic and rhythmic accompaniment rather than with independent lines of their own. This new style, though, was no less bubbling and energetic — see the overtures (instrumental preludes) which Mozart (1756-91) wrote for his operas. Brilliant attention-getters, arresting but never too pompous, full of catchy tunes, cheeky wind solos and stirring trumpet-and drum passages, these overtures are played with great verve by Capella Istropolitana.

CHOPIN: Etudes Opp. 10 and 25
Artist: Freddy Kempf
Release Date: 2004

Frederic Chopin’s music, full of innovations in nuances of harmony and delicate coloristic effects, pushed the boundaries of what a piano could do. In these two sets of etudes (com.

Spring naar forum: